South Central Human Resource Agency (SCHRA) is seeking proposals from qualified agencies and organizations to conduct an Agency Wide Needs Assessment. The final document should address both Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) goals/objectives, Head Start goals/objectives, as well as all other agency programming. Services include an assessment of the current needs, unmet needs, future needs, in relationship to the goals and objectives listed below:
The 10 CSBG Domains are:
- Education and Cognitive Development
- Income, Infrastructure, and Asset Building
- Health and Social/Behavioral Development (includes nutrition)
- Civic Engagement and Community Involvement
- Agency Capacity Building
- Services Supporting Multiple Domains
- Other (Emergency Management/Disaster Relief)
- Linkages (e.g., partnerships that support multiple domains)
The 3 national goals are:
- Individuals and families with low income are stable and achieve economic security.
- Communities where people with low incomes live are healthy and offer economic opportunity.
- People with low incomes are engaged and active in building opportunities in communities.
Required Head Start Objectives include:
Children birth to 5 and their families:
- The number of eligible infants, toddlers, preschool age children, teen pregnancies and expectant mothers, including their geographic location, race, ethnicity, and languages they speak, including:
- Children experiencing homelessness according to McKinney-Vento
- Children in foster care; grandparents raising children
- Children with disabilities, including types of disabilities and relevant services and resources provided to these children by community agencies
- The education, health, nutrition and social service needs of eligible children and their families, including prevalent social or economic factors that impact their well-being
- Typical work, school, and training schedules of parents with eligible children
- Other child development, childcare centers, and family child care programs that serve eligible children, including home visiting, publicly funded state and local preschools, and the approximate number of eligible children served.
- Number of families receiving childcare certificates in area
- Resources that are available in the community to address the needs of eligible children and their families
- Strengths of the community
In addition to assessing the needs of the community in relationship to the CSBG/Head Start objectives, the needs assessment should also identify gaps in services in the community that are not currently being met through CSBG/Head Start funding.
The document must be completed no later than February 29, 2024. SCHRA intends to execute a contract commencing on October 31, 2023 and ending March 31, 2024. Parties interested in submitting a proposal to provide such services are required to follow the recommended guidelines and instructions contained in this RFP.
Proposals are due and must be received by 4:00 P.M., local time October 17, 2023.
Submit Inquiries to :
Amy Ezell, Finance Director
South Central Human Resource Agency
PO Box 638
1437 Winchester Hwy.
Fayetteville, TN 37334
Phone: 931.433.7182 ext. 1112
All interested individuals, organizations, firms, or other entities, whether for-profit or not-for profit are invited to apply in accordance with the terms and conditions stated in this Request for Proposal. SCHRA reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to reject any or all proposals and to waive informalities and minor irregularities in proposals received and to accept any portion or all items proposed if deemed in the best interest of SCHRA.
This Request for Proposal package is divided into two parts.
Part I contains general information and instructions necessary for submission of a proposal to SCHRA.
Part II contains information regarding the scope of services to be provided, any general specifications, and documents specific to this solicitation to be completed and submitted as part of a proposal.